Thursday 22 March 2012

good news

  Best 3am call ever.  Couldn't sleep tonight, that's nothing new I'm usually up exercising in the middle of the night, especially when I didn't work.  Earlier today I asked my wife to go to dinner on Saturday, again nothing new.  I am being persistent though I don't think pestering, I bring it up every couple of weeks that I would like to take her to dinner or drinks.  Last time we went out it was "Yes we need to talk" or "There are some things we need to discuss."  So, I am up at 3 and watching tv and working out and I hear my phone receive a text.  at 3 I am confused but I immediately think of my wife because after I texted her asking her to dinner I didn't hear back.  Also because every time the phone rings I am hoping it is her.  She said, "That would be nice."  It would be nice to have dinner with me.  Best news I have had in a long time.  So I texted her back, she was having trouble sleeping and saw she had a message.
  She often has trouble sleeping as do I so I am trying not to read too much into it, but on the other hand I know why I have trouble sleeping and it's because I am thinking of her.  Part of me is thinking that she saw the text earlier and has been thinking about it all night and finally had to get back to me.  In any case I think that her saying yes is a very big step and I shouldn't take it lightly.  I now how hard it has been for her to do this.  For the last 6 month maybe she has been moving away from me.  Building her strength to have that momentum.  Since she left she has been moving harder away from me.  Turning that around is not a light maneuver.
  So we decided that we would go to dinner, great news, and that I would pick her up after I was done work, great news.  Picking up a girl and taking her to dinner is a date.  She could have said, "I'll meet you there,"  just as easily.  She could have said where she thought would be a save neutral place to go.  She didn't say those things she let me pick she is letting me pick her up.  So my equation goes:
Dinner would be nice + You pick +  Pick me up = date.
  I hope she feels the same way I will feel silly showing up with flowers.  I will know as soon as I see her I guess, if she's dressed up or in yoga clothes.  I am hoping for dressed up.  Only three days to find out.  I feel like a part of my life just got given back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment