Monday 30 January 2012

pretty good for a monday

 It's been a long couple of days.  Sitting around waiting for things to happen is going to kill my spirit fast.  Had nothing to do on Saturday so I pealed all the advertisement stickers from my car.  I had it dressed up lie a race car, nobody missed it coming down the street.  I think my Wife was a bit embarrassed to be seen in it.  I guess she didn't like being associated with a business she felt was ruining her life.  Anyway, now it is all gone, I hope she sees it as a big step forward, if she even notices.  It sure is a lot harder to find it in the parking lot now, it's just an old greay car.
  I had hoped to shut t doors on the business this weekend, but was convinced to stretch it for another week anyway, just because some potential buyers wanted to come down and see what I have to liquidate.  It may be my best chance to sell most of this stuff so it's better if I can unload it now.  I did send out my resume to a few people and that's a positive thing.  Haven't heard back yet of course but just sending some out makes me feel like \I|'m working toward something positive.  I have plans to maybe zip out of work early tomorrow and drop off a couple resumes as well.
  I am discouraged a bit by my wife answering all my e-mails like \I am a client, "I have received your message and will act accordingly"  kind of thing.  Though she called me today, and when I said hello, she said "hello baby"  like she used to, she sounded so happy.  If I wasn't sitting with a customer I think I may have started crying I was so happy to hear her say that.  she said that she had called the help line and got a file open with the same counselor that I had.
  I heard from the counselor this morning and was so excited to hear from her.  Again it's one step closer to being together, working on a solution rather than just sitting around.  So I have my first session tomorrow morning, I'm not sure how that is going to work out but I'm hoping that something positive will stem from it.  I was even more excited to hear that my wife had taken the same step forward and soon we will be working together on getting us back to a happy place.
  I couldn't talk much though cause I was with a customer and I said I'd call her after the kids were in bed, but we texted a bit and she said she was tired and had to go to sleep but we'd talk soon.  I figured that whatever she was feeling today was good so I let that go and not stick my foot in my mouth.  things are moving forward and that makes me happy.  I hope the rest of the week goes as good as today.  This was pretty good for a Monday anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment