Friday 3 February 2012

Best dinner ever

  Had a very positive day today.  Got some things done around the house this morning, talked with the kids over breakfast.  Talked to some people about debt reduction from the fallout of closing the business.  That was a big one, getting things squared away financially is a big load off my mind.  decided that next Friday would be the end and moved out and locked up.  It's a hard position to be trying to sell things to people but can't sell anything that I can't get done right away.  and it's hard to tell people, "I stand behind my product, I'll take care of you, I'll be here when you need anything," when clearly I'm not.  Lying to them like that is so hard to do, but even harder will be confronting the turn down the sale part.  If someone wants something I can't get done before I close I have to turn them away,  I can't take their money and then shut down.  Steeling is a line I just won't cross,  I'm in a bad spot but integrity is something I won't compromise.  talked to some people about selling some assets, looks promising
  I was just starting to think about when I wanted to leave and what I was going to do until then when I got a text from my wife.  "How was your day."  It felt so good to hear her say it.  She's interested in me, she's interested in talking to me, she's reaching out.  I had planned on trying to get together with her next Sunday.  the place would be closed, I might have a job, I would have my financial plan set up.  That would be a good time to sit down together and not say "I'm going to, my plan is"  it would be, "this is what happened, this is how things are, I have done."  But I started texting her about how I've made some big steps and it will reduce both our stress.  she asked a bit then said, "do you want to join us for dinner." 
  Yes yes yes.  I want to have dinner with you, with the kids as a family.  The best news I've had for two weeks.  It was great to sit down and talk to each other about our day, and how things were going,  and how things were shaping up.  Just being together like a family.  I think it was such a big step for her to be able to allow that.  she wasn't ready to hold my hand, even when both kids were at the bathroom, but I respected her boundaries.  I felt so good that we were together, it's the first time I've smiled in weeks. 
  I truly believe that the more time we spend together just talking about stuff and being acquainted, the more our love will be realized and the more it will grow again. the fact that she initiated makes it such a big deal. 
  I feel so happy.
  Though I just realized it is superbowl Sunday this weekend and my friends and I have usually gone to a bar to watch the game.  I am dreading telling anybody anything.  a couple of my close friends know about me shutting down the business but nothing about her moving out.  Going to the game and hanging with them, either meens I tell them or I flat out lie about it.  I don't really like either option for different reasons.  Maybe I can get the kids interested in watching it with me then I'll just stay home and watch it on tv with the kids and a bowl of popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment