Tuesday 28 February 2012

the buzz on the street

  Well I think a productive day for me.  Did really well at work, got all my sales up, got the store sales up, got all of my teams sales up.  All in all not bad.  Earlier I was thinking I just wanted to call my wife and say I miss you I want to hold you.  But as the day went on I got a text from her and I think it is going to go a long way in showing her how successful Hero was in it's own right.
  She was concerned that she had talked to someone at a branch and they said that people were coming in and talking about her and me and how she left me and they weren't flattering about her.  She wanted to know what everyone was saying about her.  Of course I said I didn't do anything and that nobody I knew would do anything like that.  Cause it's true, if I found out my brother was slandering the situation I would slap him silly.  Besides he knows better, and the things she was hearing aren't true anyway and we all know it.
  The more I thought about it the more I reflected on talking to other people.  I talked to my colleague who works for the wal mart  vision center and I just said that yeah I had to close I'm at Lenscrafters now.  He seemed very sympathetic, and all the best for me and my family, too sympathetic really.  I didn't think much about it at the time, but that and he said that he had heard it from customers coming in and what had happened and other people in the other stores talking about it.  Well in light of the gossip around I can kinda put a few things together and see that there is a lot of buzz about Hero closing down.
  I did tell my landlord what was happening, my wife left me, I am living with my parents, I have no money, had to shut down the business.  Though they extrapolate and tell the maintenance guy because he's the one who has to clean up the place.  Carl is a great guy but he likes to gab and if a customer came by when he was there and asked him what was going on he would tell them.  And maybe make it more of a sob story than it has to be because he's thinking my old customers having some sympathy might be a good thing for me.  In any case they talk to the other people at other optical stores and before long everyone is talking about it. 
  I goes to show how much of a public figure I was there, how much of a community figure, and community business I was.  How important a service I was giving to people, and it shows how successful Hero was.  If I can get Andrea to see it that way it may change her views on what I was doing over the past 5 years and how I could honestly say that things were going well.
  Another encouraging thing, maybe I'm reading way too much into it.  My mom was cleaning out some closets today and took out a bunch of old coats.  My wife went through them before we were going to take them out to good will.  She grabbed one because she said it might be good for camping.  She never liked camping really, and I can't see her doing it without me.  So maybe she's thinking we might be going camping, even in some remote way.  I hope that us talking is making as big an impact on her as it is on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment