Friday 17 February 2012

She smiled at me

  I had my interview today, and it went well, they want me to start early next week.  I will hear tomorrow how much they want to pay me and then I can decide if I want to accept the job, but it's looking like I will.  I also talked to my wife about my next step of moving out and getting a condo or something.  I think she was excited, she was all over it.  She wouldn't commit to saying I should get something that she would like and she's still thinking about me on my own with the kids, but she understood when I said I would like to have it a place that you would feel comfortable coming into when that time comes.
  We had a celebration dinner after my interview, just my wife and the kids and I.  It is always nice when we can sit and talk.  She talked about her job like we used to and about things going on and the kids, it was nice not to feel we have to go deep every time we see each other.  She was feeling sick all day and so she didn't eat but she made the effort to come and sit with us as we ate, I appreciate that gesture.
  I think that all the things that are coming together are making a difference.  Usually when she leaves and I say, "I love you," she looks away and says, "I know you do."  Tonight she walked away from the table and I said , "I love you."  She was looking at me and smiled.  It was just for a second but the most beautiful woman in the world smiled at me, and it felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment