Tuesday 7 February 2012

Need this new job so much

  Good headway in finding a new job today, had a great interview for a really good job.  A dream job really.  More than I had hoped for.  Moving on to a second round of interviews later this week I think.  I was hoping to find something that paid my bills and I may have happened on something that will be a great career job and set me up with a good salary.  If it comes through. 
  all I can think about is I wish I could talk about it with my wife.  I wish she was here to be excited with me.  We used to sit on the couch, I'd rub her feet and we would talk about how our day went and the things we were excited about.  I need that so much right now.  I should really be bouncing off the walls with excitement over this opportunity but I just can't get excited without her to tell.  All I can think of is I need this job to impress her and get her back.  Something big like this will go a long way to win her back, so she can see the go getter in me that she fell in love with.  That I can have a power position that she can respect.
  A lot of times I think that she saw me in my own business, failing,  and lost respect for me.  She had a job with responsibility and people under her, and she was making power decisions.  I think that made her feel like the alpha in the relationship and she needed a peer.  I hope that this will show her that I can be an equal with her, that we will have that in common again.  Not just that I had it and lost it.  For that reason I really need this job.  It is my best case scenario to win her back,  to show her I am still that man. 
  The place they want me to manage is under performing.  If I can bring that up and show her that I can handle myself, show her that I can be someone she is proud of, a man that she will be excited to introduce me to her colleges.  If only I could do that, I think that she would be able to realize her feelings for me again.  I want that so bad. 
  the money would be nice too, one less thing to worry about.  It would help me get clear of debt faster, it would help us live our life together easier.  It would allow us to experience things as a family again, like vacations and big Christmas again.  The money would be nice, but she would be so proud of me for doing something that she could stand up for and say, "my husband does this"  I don't think she has done that for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. It’s sad to know that your career mishap caused a disparity between you and your wife, and I hope you’re starting to rebuild your relationship with her. Looking for a job while having financial issues is one my lowest points in life too. I persevered through it and kept on attending interviews until I finally landed a job. I made sure that they wouldn’t regret hiring me. I’m happy to say that I got my life back. I wish the same to you, Mike!

    Jaimee Lima

    ReplyDelete